Todd Huston knows how to overcome incredible challenges. When his legs got caught in the propeller of a boat at age 14, his life was radically changed. He battled to keep his legs with numerous surgeries, but bone disease eventually forced him to have one leg amputated.
Todd became a psychotherapist and clinical director of the Amputee Resource Center in California. He also worked in psychiatric hospitals for adults, adolescents and children. He used his professional skills and personal experiences to help patients achieve more in their lives. He also trained health-care professionals and authored articles in working with individuals coping with disabilities.
Then Todd did the unimaginable, to prove that you can overcome challenges he completed a world record-setting Summit America expedition by climbing to the highest elevations of all 50 states in only 66 days 22 hours and 47 minutes, shattering the original record by 35 days!
Todd has been featured in thousands of publications throughout the world, including Sports Illustrated, Forbes and the Wall Street Journal, as well as the popular book, Chicken Soup for the Soul, A Second Helping. He has appeared as a special guest on CBS Year in Sports and Robert Schuller’s Hour of Power. Todd has been interviewed on ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN, TNN, Inside Edition, and Extra plus numerous radio programs. Most recently, Todd was invited to be a regular contributor to Huffington Post.
Several distinguished honors have been awarded to Todd including U.S. Jaycees’ Ten Outstanding Young Americans, the Henry Iba Award for Outstanding Citizen Athlete, the Class Act Award, The Power to Dream Achiever Award and the American Red Cross’s Everyday Hero Award.
Todd is the author of the book More Than Mountains: The Todd Huston Story and has hosted inspirational radio and television programs.
- World record….. First and only disabled person to break able body world record in sports.
- Todd’s story is a screen play and is currently being reviewed to become a major motion picture.
- Author, More Than Mountains: The Todd Huston Story
- Featured in Chicken Soup for the Soul, A Second Helping.
- Featured in True Tales of the Mountains.
- Awarded Ten Outstanding Young Americans 1999.
- Awarded Everyday Hero Award by American Red Cross 1999.
- Awarded Ten Outstanding Young Tulsans 1997.
- Awarded Henry Iba Award for Citizen Athlete of the Year 1997.
- Selected as Distinguished Oklahoman in 2002.
- Awarded The Power to Dream Achiever Award 2011
- Awarded Class Act Award from Phillips Petroleum.
- Awarded Memorial High School Hall of Fame (Tulsa).
- Patented inventor of prosthetic device. U.S. Patent #5,984,972
- Featured on CBS, NBC, ABC, CNN, TBN, C-SPAN, Inside Edition, Extra, Robert Schuller’s Hour of Power and many other televised programs.
- In hundreds of articles including, Sports Illustrated, L.A Times, Wall Street Journal and Forbes.
- International speaker who has performed from Australia to Bosnia and throughout the United States.
- Hired by schools to do programs of personal responsibility for school-children teaching, honesty, citizenship, caring, responsibility and respect.
- Masters in Counseling Psychology, graduated Magna Cum Laude, Certificate of Leadership
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, concentration in finance.
- Elected and served as a City Councilor for Tulsa, OK.
- Financial Advisor – Series 7 Licensed.
- President Huston Resources, Inc.
- Vice President Amputee Resource Foundation of America, Inc.
- Elected CEO Tulsa Christian Business Alliance.
- Prior work included clinical director of Amputee Resource Center; psychiatric assistant to psychiatric hospitals, child, adolescent and family therapy.