Todd Huston knows how to overcome incredible challenges. When his legs got caught in the propeller of a boat at age 14, his life was radically changed. He battled to keep his legs with numerous surgeries, but the bone disease eventually forced him to have one leg amputated.
Todd became a psychotherapist and clinical director of the Amputee Resource Center in California. He also worked in psychiatric hospitals for adults, adolescents, and children. He used his professional skills and personal experiences to help patients achieve more in their lives. He also trained health-care professionals and authored articles about working with individuals coping with disabilities.
Then Todd did the unimaginable. To prove that anyone can overcome challenges he completed a world-record-setting Summit America expedition by climbing to the highest elevations of all 50 states in only 66 days 22 hours and 47 minutes, shattering the original record by 35 days!
IN THE MEDIA
Todd has been featured in thousands of publications throughout the world, including Sports Illustrated, Forbes, and the Wall Street Journal, and popular books such as Chicken Soup for the Soul, A Second Helping.
He has appeared as a special guest on CBS Year in Sports and Robert Schuller’s Hour of Power. Todd has been interviewed on ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN, TNN, Inside Edition, Extra, plus numerous radio programs.
More Than Mountains: The Todd Huston Story
With this powerful keynote presentation, Todd motivates and inspires anyone to believe they can overcome life’s many challenges and provides content for the audience to apply immediately in their lives. This presentation centers around Todd’s boating accident at age 14 where he died twice and had his leg amputated while awake. Audiences marvel as Todd shares how he went on to do what many thought was impossible – he became the first disabled person to break an able-bodied world record in sports by climbing to the highest elevations in each of the 50 U.S states faster than anyone else, and he did it with only one leg.
- World record… First and only disabled person to break an abled body world record in sports
- Todd’s story is a screenplay and is currently being reviewed to become a major motion picture
- Author, More Than Mountains: The Todd Huston Story
- Featured in Chicken Soup for the Soul, A Second Helping
- Featured in True Tales of the Mountains
- Awarded Ten Outstanding Young Americans in 1999
- Awarded Everyday Hero Award by American Red Cross 1999
- Distinguished Eagle Award 2019
- Awarded Ten Outstanding Young Tulsans 1997
- Awarded Henry Iba Award for Citizen Athlete of the Year 1997
- Selected as Distinguished Oklahoman in 2002
- Awarded The Power to Dream Achiever Award 2011
- Awarded Class Act Award from Phillips Petroleum.
- Awarded Memorial High School Hall of Fame (Tulsa)
- Eagle Scout
- The patented inventor of the prosthetic device. U.S. Patent #5,984,972
- Featured on CBS, NBC, ABC, CNN, TBN, C-SPAN, Inside Edition, Extra, Robert Schuller’s Hour of Power and many other televised programs
- In hundreds of articles including, Sports Illustrated, L.A Times, Wall Street Journal and Forbes
- An international speaker who has performed from Australia to Bosnia and throughout the United States
- Hired to create workshop presentations for billionaire and Inc. Magazine entrepreneur of the year and top 100 of the century.
- Hired by schools to do programs of personal responsibility for school-children teaching, honesty, citizenship, caring, responsibility and respect
- Masters in Counseling Psychology, graduated Magna Cum Laude, Certificate of Leadership
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, concentration in finance
- Elected and served as a City Councilor for Tulsa, OK
- Financial Advisor – Series 7 Licensed
- President Huston Resources, Inc
- Vice President Amputee Resource Foundation of America, Inc
- Elected CEO of Tulsa Christian Business Alliance
- Prior work included clinical director of Amputee Resource Center; psychiatric assistant to psychiatric hospitals, child, adolescent, and family therapy